Ask Your Question

Do you know of a master's program in linguistics (preferably online) that would support research on a constructed language?

asked 2016-11-17 17:10:14 -0500

cosmicandi gravatar image

I'm looking at University of Mass./Boston Online MA in Applied Linguistics, but this program may not include enough research opportunity. I also am aware of McGill U. in Quebec where the linguist who consulted for the film Arrival is located...but this is an on-campus program and would require becoming a Canadian citizen (to qualify for the lower tuition rate - which may, however, not be out of the realm of possibility, though the acceptance seems highly competitive). Two other universities at which professors who teach a course in constructed languages are UBC-Okanagan and Wellesley, the latter which has not responded to my inquiry.

My research interest includes researching the semantic, phonologic, and morphologic symbolism of a particular constructed language as it relates to natural language.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ┬╗ oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-12-18 08:57:36 -0500

updated 2017-01-12 16:49:09 -0500

Some links that could help:

the conlangers wiikip├ędia a course for constructing a new language "communities"

Meanwhile... link awaiting moderation

edit flag offensive delete link more


I just escaped the '_' characters so that the wikipedia link would work.

ksteimel gravatar imageksteimel ( 2017-01-12 11:31:13 -0500 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2016-11-17 17:10:14 -0500

Seen: 1,123 times

Last updated: Jan 12