Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

I don't know if there's a word for what you're talking about. However, there is a thread on reddit where users made a list of words like this:

A related term is auto-autonym, or contranym, where a word can mean two different and opposite things: for example, cleave can mean to cling or to separate. Here's a Wikipedia article: