The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2019 Fund Drive (
Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Just a shot in the dark here, but it almost sounds like it's the word "KHYEA" mirrored, using the midpoint of the capital 'A' as the inflection point, i.e.:

KHYEA + AEYHK (with the K backwards) = KHYEAEYHK

Of course, that begs the question of what KHYEA means. It could be an old spelling for a syllable in Mandarin, cf. the second item in second row of the table at the bottom here:

Searching on Google books for the word "khyea" turns up some old books where the word pops up, so you could try that for further detective work.