Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]


You may have heard that our service took a pause and has started up again. So apologies for missing your deadline.

This is the kind of question that a good librarian can help you answer. There are abstracting journals (those that compile and publish abstracts of journal articles, for quick retrieval of all the in publications in a given field). We have had a pretty good one in LLBA (Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts) which is probably only bought by universities, and in the modern world, it's electronic as well.

There are likely many journal articles related to honorifics (sic) and the changing usage associated with them for a variety of languages, including English. Here's an instance I'd recommend the library in case one of us panelists doesn't instantly retrieve a citation for you.

  • Nancy Frishberg @nancyf