Ask Your Question

I am trying to locate/create a word that conveys "alone together" for a photo book project. Like the Korean word "han" expresses a signature sense of sadness, I need a word that captures a sense of "public isolation".

asked 2015-04-03 12:10:53 -0400

mannermaker gravatar image

Here is my photo work...I need help with the title of the book.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-05-05 14:39:45 -0400

In many ways this is what the sociological sense of "alienation" seems to capture, right?

Try here:

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2015-04-23 10:46:15 -0400

usagi5886 gravatar image

For 'stand alone (together)', perhaps Cherokee gurahiyi / Currahee. (See also definitions here.)

For 'isolated from public', perhaps Japanese hikikomori.

If you're looking for an English word, you could try using a thesaurus for the words in question (alone, together, public, isolation).

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools


Asked: 2015-04-03 12:10:53 -0400

Seen: 5,636 times

Last updated: May 05 '15