Ask Your Question

What is the word that describes a noun that takes a definite article?

asked 2018-05-08 13:03:31 -0500

russinoff gravatar image

Great word, and I just can't remember what it is. Starts with "a", I think. The antonym is formed with prefix "an".

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-06-08 10:49:30 -0500

ksteimel gravatar image

I'm not sure I can answer this correctly because I'm a little unclear what you're asking. Are you referring to a class of nouns that only combines with the definite article? One of these is substantives though this doesn't start with an 'a'.

You may have some luck looking in the GOLD ontology .

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2018-05-08 13:03:31 -0500

Seen: 2,261 times

Last updated: Jun 08 '18