Is there an Old English word meaning RAPIDS or RIFFLE (a rocky shoal causing a rapid)?

asked 2018-11-21 17:55:26 -0400

AlanGeorge gravatar image

I would like to find an old (Old English) word meaning "a place in a river where the water overflows a natural stone or rocky obstacle", an equivalent to Russian term "речной порог". Thanks for your answers.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete