Is there a term for this case?

asked 2019-04-25 08:51:24 -0500

I'm creating a language for a book I'm writing, and I find myself in a bit of trouble. I need a case that expresses an abstract relation to the noun, similar to the word "for or "to" but not in a benefactive or allative sense. Specifically, I need to say "What does this mean for my family?" or "What happens to my family?" Does anyone know what this case would be called so I can even begin to research how it is expressed in natural languages?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete